In case you missed the article in the Greenville Journal (read that article here) this week, Joan Herlong has written a book entitled, "As-Is: An Insider’s Guide to Real Estate". While the book won’t be on store shelves until September 26, you can pre-order it now at www.joanherlong.com.
So, why should you pre-order this book or even buy this book? She’s basically encapsulated everything she’s learned in her 30 years in real estate, but this is not some memoir. Nor is it a bunch of boring platitudes on success. This is a book aimed at making the real estate industry better across the board. Whether you’re a buyer, a seller, an agent, or an aspiring agent, you’ll find insights and strategies that will help you become better informed, to get the most out of your real estate experience.
What can you expect from this book?
- Reasons why most real estate professionals fail and how to avoid those traps.
- The correct things that buyers and sellers need to know about the real estate process.
- How to manage the unexpected parts of the real estate world.
- Tips to be a better business leader.
- Laugh. Expect to laugh. Some of the stories you will read include showing a house that had a picture of the owner wearing a bikini in every room; Joan’s experiences with "reality" home buying shows; the adventures of showing a house with only a drum kit in it; and why she plays Van Morrison to help sell a house and many more.
This book is her effort to raise the bar, hopefully inspiring more dedicated, full-time real estate professionals, who will treat this high-stakes business with the seriousness that buyers and sellers deserve.